Sunday, May 9, 2010

Signing Off !!

Kab hogi seher, dewaaron dar, behad viraan hai..!!
Kab manzil mile, kadmon tale, aankhein hairaan hai..!!

Uljhee… saanse, chup hai…raahe, koi raasta dikhaa…!!

Khuda ke liye..!!

Khuda ke liye..!!

This was the song that randomly started in the white tavera by which I was going to the office one sunny morning.

Flashback 2.0:

I was sitting on a bench of two people having two on my either side. Tensed. Room was crowded by the people who were directly related to the event and the people who were somehow related to it. A person having a sleek and organized appearance entered into the room with a paper in his hand and two people following him. After giving a two minute monologue he started reading out the names of people from that paper, Nitin….., abhishek……. , saurabh……, Piyush Jain…whack!!! Those two sounds hit my ear as the greatest relief. All my sensations went numb for few seconds. I could not hear anything else at that moment. Yes I was selected in the campus interview by Reliance Power. I recollected all my senses and then others who also got selected started wishing each other for next hour or so. I called home and a few friends informing about it. It was a huge moment for me and everybody from my clan congratulated me for that. Calls, msgs, wishes it all went on for atleast a week.

Flashback 1.0:

One year has passed into the company and I have visited 4 states and 5 locations where this company has its dealings. I have learnt a great deal about my specialization and some other tactics of handling people, situations, and so-called-corporate-ethics. I have become such a regular customer of Indian railways, thanks to the location of my site, that I am thinking to get a permanent berth quota into the railways. Sometimes I get to think that this company has given me so many things – A name with a designation, few buildings to claim having constructed by me, a package to flaunt, an answer to the patent dialogue of parents that ”How will you survive outside with your tantrums and addiction for homely comfort ”, a confidence to face the life on your own, and of course some money too. I too delivered my best to the company and time really flew very fast with these experiences.

Present 0.0:

It was 5:00 PM, I returned from the site to the site office by the same white Tavera. Opened my cabin, started my desktop computer, opened a new document in Microsoft word and typed a few lines. And then few lines more. And then some concluding lines which says..

“ It was a great honor and privilege to be associated with such an esteemed organization and the experience gained here will be helpful throughout my professional career. I am very thankful to all my colleagues and seniors for their co-operation and guidance during the tenure of my services to the organization.

I request you to please accept my resignation letter.”

Yes even I could not believe that I had typed my resignation letter. Went to the documentation room and submitted with no other thing in mind than to just move on. As they say “You cannot discover new oceans, until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore” .

I don’t know what next life brings, what I will be doing, how I will be doing but as far as this moment is concerned, it is Piyush signing off from Reliance. Thanks all!!

7 comments:

  1. wow.. i love the flow ...flashbacks ...n the style !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrote wonderfully..
    i m loving it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..nice way to capture best and important moments.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work...chachu...!!

    Do nothing...sit back and relax... in all the homely comforts and may be even give a visit to two most lovely people in Pune...try to drop by at Kharghar...if you get time from Koperkhairne...

    Enough of proving yourself...that chapter is over...new start awaits...time to press F5...I can totally understand the feeling of signing the first ever resignation letter...even i went through it...

    Good that you have not planned something straight away take time for yourself...especially your decision...!!

    Wish you all the best...have fun...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @shreya- thanx shreya for the first comment..
    @ankita- thanx ankita and make it quicker next time..
    @prachi- m honoured and this will stay here only..do check it..
    @ketu: thanx dude..this comment has really enhanced my confidence over my decision..thanx a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. need to sign in for tutions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahh bhai nostalgic...thinking about my first resignation at Reliance.

    ReplyDelete