Monday, July 19, 2010

Destiny Demystified

    
In few days I will be leaving this place for indefinite period of time. Of all the things I will leave here, mostly all of them have come to my way as my requirement, very few of them I have met by chance and only 1 of them I met by destiny.

It goes 2 years back.

In the joining batch of 70 odd people from different colleges in Reliance I met with many people. I liked some of them, I laughed on some, I got curious about some and got inspired too by some. But there were also few people I had started hating the moment I saw them. And of those people, was there a guy, lets name him “X” for the moment, whose demeanor marked him down as a detestable guy immediately. The way he was approaching to things, the way he was laughing and making fun of things, in toto his overall concept was not getting down through my throat.

But I laughed and ignored him for the moment.

Of those 70 people, some 45 were then filtered to be sent to the site and rests were to be placed in the office. I casually glanced at the group of those 45 people which included me as well as “X”. I was amused.

We 45 people were sent to Dahanu a place near Mumbai for a 7 days training and meanwhile a second filtering was done. According to the second filtering those 45 people were again divided into 4-5 groups to be sent to their respectively decided sites.

I was in a group of 12 people. I took a glance at the group members and surprisingly found “X” there too. Not very happy this time.

We reached our site, lets say A. We were provided a 2BHK flat there which I shared with two other people whom I have met in the journey-to-the-site-A itself.

Surprisingly it was decided at the site-A that the group shall again be divided and sent to a training program at two different sites, say B & C. I don’t remember how the selection was done for groups here but shockingly I was again sharing the group with “X”, having my other flat mates in second group. I was a bit disappointed, though I just let it go.

We stayed at the training site-B for some 21 days and came back to the original site-A.

Now here it was again decided that we are to be sent permanently to other sites let’s say B, C & D, and everybody was required to fill in his or her preferences for those sites. I filled B-Rosa, a place in UP as my first preference, as I was familiar with that place, everybody else filled their preferences as well.

Then came a final list stating the name of 4 people moving to Rosa. I skimmed through the list. I was sharing the list with “X” yet again. I was irritated.

We somehow completed the journey to Rosa. An office boy came to pick us up and lead us to our staying place. At that place we were allotted two rooms for 4 guys on twin sharing basis. Of 4 of us, two paired up in a room and the remaining two guys were me and “X”. shit. It was limit. I was totally hit.

But I had no choice.

We both moved our strollies to that one room. Without speaking a single word and without a dispute he kept his luggage on the bed near AC and I kept my luggage on the bed near wardrobes.

It was that first day and it’s this last day. He has been the biggest reason I could survive at this remote place having no acquaintance whatsoever.

Leave aside all my friends till the age, he has that important place in my life which nobody can ever take. I have a kinda confidence over him that he will always stand beside me, come what may.

I would love to believe that somehow we were destined to be friends.

I think this is how destiny works. And this is how it gets demystified.

This space of blog dedicated to “X”, my first ever roommate, Siddharth.

5 comments:

  1. wow..
    lucky you and your Mr. X...!!!!

    Superb...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coool.......
    So nice....
    Iwas thinking of writing something like this u again chased the time with me...
    Again a fine composition with simplicity and streamlined flow of words and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very honest and hence very lovely. Though the process of dividing people was complicating but you made it sound really easy to understand.

    Hope Siddharth is fine with his name being there..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally read it ....although I can also day my career path was more pushed by Mr X as well he was the one who introduced me tocompanies like Fluor and Bechtel which were considered as best engineering firms to work for....and these were the exact two companies other den reliance I worked for till now...
    😁😄

    ReplyDelete